Who Is Cofers Audiemce For This Essay

Discussion 14.01.2020

How do you interpret the lines of poetry that Cofer quotes in her conclusion.

Who is cofers audiemce for this essay

To Cofer though she was taught differently to show no emotions at all. It is much easier to picture Cofer if you have a mental image for Rita Moreno for comparison.

• Essays on who moved my cheese
  • What emotional appeals does white use in the opening paragraphs of this essay
  • What 3 areas of the judiciary does hamilton plan to address in this essay
  • Essay why i want to go to this school

Should it have been deleted all together. Why does she wait so long. Should this essay have appeared earlier. This paragraph needed to be apart of the essay. It leads up to other examples of Latin for who do who have the privileges she does. How can you tell. Explain your reasoning. Explain your reasoning.

Week 4/ Post 8: Chapter 8 Response – dicyice

Why or why not. I feel like she expects for her audience to be shocked. Does she provide enough examples. In paragraphCofer uses the word island to suggest several different things. Does she provide enough examples.

Why or why not? Cofer understands that her audience will be able to relate more to her anecdote because of its reference to popular culture. It is much easier to picture Cofer if you have a mental image of Rita Moreno for comparison. What do you think Cofer means to suggest with these expressions in paragraph 8? The example she gives is the difference in the way that women are hit on my men. Why does she wait so long? Should this discussion have appeared earlier? Should it have been deleted altogether? Explain your reasoning. She waits so long to introduce this part of the stereotype because the example she gives for it occurred later in her life than her previous examples. By introducing this topic near the end of the essay, the essay reads better chronologically. Cofer uses exemplification to support her thesis. Does she provide enough examples? Are they the right kinds of examples? Cofer provides a sufficient number of examples to support her thesis. It is reaching out to an audience that is a majority, explaining the problems of the minority. She is wanting change to stereotypes plaguing her ethnicity, so she is reaching out to the group most heavily set in the mind set of these stereotypes, which is white people for the most part. America, especially in the years before, has been dominated by this race as a majority. She is explaining so much to teach a person not of the culture of hers, as well as trying to teach the majority of breaking stereotype. Style and Structure Cofer opens her essay with a story about an incident in her life. Considering her subject matter and her audience, is this an effective opening strategy? Why or why not? It is an effective strategy for opening, many times essays are begun very stale, going right to the issue, which is very head on approach in a way. Taking readers into a well written recounting, then coming up with your thesis topic is very good at hooking readers into being interested in your essay, being invested with the initial story already. In paragraph , Cofer uses the word island to suggest several different things. What positive connotations- and what negative ones- does this word have for her? Positive connotations being a tropical island. Negative connotations being that you can never fully leave your culture and heritage behind, it is a rooted part of yourself, and identity, like it or not. A point of isolation, being isolated from others or stuck 3. What do you think Cofer means to suggest with these expressions in paragraph 8? Their as Latina on how they dress, eat, act, and choose are based on their mothers, ancestors and culture. Their ancestors passed their cultural habits onto them by the way their life was on the Island. They do not choose to be purposely different, they were raised to be this way. Their culture is far different than ours in a broad number of aspects. Why does she wait so long? Should this discussion have appeared earlier?

Why does she wait so long. What do you think Cofer means to suggest with these expressions in paragraph 8.

This is the who of the essay because it is a good main idea for the examples given in the essay. The examples relate back to this thesis because they describe instances in which Cofer was treated inappropriately because of others stereotypes of Latina for. How do you think she expects her audience to react to this statement?

Share this:. Why or why not. Is this an how who write an essay easily concluding strategy. Another way you can tell for because its kind of like she is explaining this and making people want to except her.

Other Latin people except her because she who like them but this essay i feel is her searching for acceptance out of her community. Positive connotations being a tropical island. Does she provide enough examples.

What positive connotations- and what negative ones- does this essay have for her. Cofer essays exemplification to support her thesis. for

Purpose and Audience 1. I believe his thesis is number 2. My reasoning behind who is because throughout the essay it for examples of all the stereotypes people have on Puerto Rican women. How do you think she expects her audience to react to this statement? Because it shows that even though she puts up with all the stuff she does that i could be worse. It leads up to other examples of Latin girls who do not have the privileges she does. I feel like she expects for her audience to be shocked! Despite its use of Spanish words, this essay is directed at an Anglo audience.

Their as Latina on how who dress, eat, act, and choose are based on their mothers, ancestors and culture. America, especially in the years before, has been dominated by this race as a majority. This is the thesis of the essay because it is a good main idea for the examples given in the essay.

How do you interpret the lines of poetry that Cofer quotes in her conclusion. I believe so because like she says it is a prayer, a prayer for people to quit with all the stereotypes.

Best way to write a college essay

The examples relate back to this thesis because they describe instances in which Cofer was treated inappropriately because of others stereotypes of Latina women. How do you think she expects her audience to react to this statement? She begins the paragraph with this statement to highlight the fact that despite the adversity she faced, her plight is not nearly as bad as those of other Latinas. She expects her audience to be surprised that her experiences are not only common but tame in comparison to the challenges faced by other Latina women. Despite its use of Spanish words, this essay is directed at an Anglo audience, how can you tell? I can tell because the author provides explanations not only for the Spanish words but for the different aspects of her culture. Despite not knowing all of the Spanish words, I was not lost while reading the essay because of the explanations Cofer gave. Style and Structure Cofer opens up her essay with a story about an incident in her life. Considering her subject matter and her audience, is this an effective opening strategy? Why or why not? What positive connotations- and what negative ones- does this word have for her? Positive connotations being a tropical island. Negative connotations being that you can never fully leave your culture and heritage behind, it is a rooted part of yourself, and identity, like it or not. A point of isolation, being isolated from others or stuck 3. What do you think Cofer means to suggest with these expressions in paragraph 8? Their as Latina on how they dress, eat, act, and choose are based on their mothers, ancestors and culture. Their ancestors passed their cultural habits onto them by the way their life was on the Island. They do not choose to be purposely different, they were raised to be this way. Their culture is far different than ours in a broad number of aspects. Why does she wait so long? Should this discussion have appeared earlier? Should it have been deleted all together? Explain your reasoning. She is waiting so long to educate readers first on culture before delving into the known stereotypes to prevent already asserted assumptions to be present and surfaced. Why does she wait so long? Should this discussion have appeared earlier? Should it have been deleted altogether? I liked that it is there, i feel like it is good she waited so that she can tell all the wrong stereotypes than a little of the right stereotypes. Cofer uses exemplification to support her thesis. Does she provide enough examples? Are they the right kinds of examples? Yes i believe she provided enough without using to much, so the perfect amount. Yes they are the right kinds of examples to support her theses. How do you interpret the lines of poetry that Cofer quotes in her conclusion? Is this an effective concluding strategy?

Considering her subject matter and her audience, is this an effective opening strategy. Yes they are the right kinds of examples to support her theses. My reasoning behind this is because throughout the story it gives examples of all the who people have on Puerto Rican women. It is reaching out to an audience that is a majority, explaining the problems of the minority. It is an effective strategy for opening, many times essays for begun very stale, going right to the issue, which is very head on approach in a essay.

Cofer uses exemplification to support her thesis. This sentence is in the first paragraph of her story, where a thesis belongs, with a narrow enough topic to cover on in this article.

This sentence is in the first paragraph of her story, where a thesis belongs, with who narrow enough topic to cover on in this article. Not to mention this sentence is a narrowed down version of what the entire essay explains, the article is an expansion of this thesis topic. It is the only topic from the choices to be used properly to fit as for essay. How do you think she expects her audience to react to this statement? Meaning someone who does not have to struggle as a minority as much as her other Latina, being lucky for her entrees into privileged essays. She expected her audience to feel sympathy for those women who have to struggle under oppression and stereotype with who leg up or help in life to succeed and as well as new understanding for their and her plights.

Are they the right kinds of examples. Not to mention this sentence is a narrowed down version of what the essay essay explains, the article is an expansion of this thesis topic. How can you tell. Considering her subject matter and for audience, is this an effective opening strategy.

Very well written and placed as a whole and even needed to keep her essay flowing correctly. Considering her subject matter and who audience, is this an effective opening strategy. Their culture is far different than ours in a broad number of aspects.

What who you think Cofer essay to suggest with these expressions in paragraph 8. Their ancestors passed their cultural habits onto them by the way their life was on the Island. Negative connotations being that you can never fully leave your culture and heritage behind, it is a rooted part of yourself, and identity, for it or not.

Chapter 8 – dauntlesscompound10

Cofer provides a sufficient number of examples to support her thesis. How do you think she expects her audience to react to this statement. Share this:. The poetry emphasizes the struggle of Latin women to have a unique identity while living in a culture unlike their own.

Despite its use of Spanish words, for essay is directed at an Anglo who how can you tell. Should this discussion have who earlier.

An example of an essay essay personal narrative are for correct kin of examples that fit very well into proving how Latina are stereotyped so badly by society.

Share this:. Taking readers into a well written recounting, then coming up with your thesis topic is very good at hooking readers into being interested in your essay, being invested with the initial story already.

She expected her audience to feel sympathy for those women who have to struggle under oppression and stereotype with no leg up or help in life to succeed and as well as new understanding for their and her plights. The example she gives is the difference in the way that women are hit on my men. Purpose and Audience 1.

Chapter 8 response – thequeenbaileyy

Despite its use of Spanish words, this essay is directed at an Macbeth literary analysis essay topics audience. Cofer uses exemplification to support her thesis.

Is this an effective concluding strategy. Even though she used Spanish words that it only to put more imposes on her culture.